Copyright Advisory Services Events
SIA-WIPO JOINT SYMPOSIUM 2017: ADR for Art and Cultural Heritage Disputes - September 26, 2017
Join Columbia's Copyright Advisory Services, Queen Mary University of London's School of International Abritration and the World Intellectual Property Organization's Abitration and Mediation Center for a one day symposium at Columbia University examining the viability and applicability of alternative dispute resolution mechanisms in resolving art and cultural heritage disputes.
What to Expect
This Symposium is an intensive one-day event that will explore the use of mediation and arbitration for the resolution of art and cultural heritage disputes, and discuss opportunities for tailoring ADR processes for such disputes.
Topics will include:
- Contracts, intellectual property and disputes relating to art and cultural heritage
- Benefits and limitations of ADR in the art and cultural heritage sector
- Perspective of cultural heritage organizations and perspectives from the art market
- Views from the perspective of the living artist
- Learning from past cases
- Institutional ethics and dispute resolution policies
- Drafting efective mediation and arbitration clauses and
- submission agreements
- WIPO model clauses and submission agreements
- Expertise of the tribunal; expert evidence
- Expedited Arbitration
Who Should Attend
This seminar is designed for both art market professionals and art and cultural heritage experts and administrators responsible for risk assessments and decision making, mediators, arbitrators, lawyers and others wishing to familiarize themselves with the mediation and arbitration processes and their application in the context of art and cultural heritage disputes.
Date, Place and Time
Date: Tuesday, September 26, 2017
Place: Room 523 Butler Library, Columbia University, See MAP
Time: 8:30am - 3:30pm
Symposium Agenda and List of Speakers
Copyright Advisory Services of Columbia University, Columbia University Libraries thanks Herrick, Feinstein LLP for its patron sponsorship.