Links on this page will take you to additional resources on copyright law that are of greatest interest to the university community. The list will be updated regularly.
U.S. Copyright Law: General Resources
- Full Text of the U.S. Copyright Act
- Fair Use (Section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Act)
- Libraries and Copyright (Section 108 of the U.S. Copyright Act)
- Effect of Transfer of Copies (e.g., First Sale or Public Display) (Section 109 of the U.S. Copyright Act)
- Exemption of Specific Performances and Displays (Section 110 of the U.S. Copyright Act)
- Computer Software (Section 117 of the U.S. Copyright Act)
- Architectural Works (Section 120 of the U.S. Copyright Act)
- Special Formats for the Blind or Other People with Disabilities (Section 121 of the U.S. Copyright Act)
Most Recent Revision: 041813
When making use of this page under the terms of the CC license, please include this form of attribution: "Used under a Creative Commons BY license from the Copyright Advisory Office of Columbia University, Kenneth D. Crews, director." If your needs for the material are outside the scope of the license, please consider fair use or simply asking us for permission.