Copyright, Fair Use, and Education
News and Developments:
© The Copyright Advisory Office is going on hiatus as Kenneth Crews takes on new opportunities. Thank you for your interest in and support for the work of this office since its founding in 2008.
© Do you have questions about copyright or this website? Please Click Here.
© Looking for the most-frequently visited pages of this website? Google Analytics tells us where some of the heaviest traffic is going:
- The Fair Use Checklist.
- What is Fair Use?
- Requesting Permission.
- Model Permission Letters.
- The Copyright Quick Guide.
- The many Blog Postings about recent developments and More!
Thanks to everyone for your interest in copyright!
© © © © © © © © © © © © © © © © © © © © © © © © © © © © ©
The Copyright Advisory Office of Columbia University has a central mission to address, in a creative and constructive manner, the relationship between copyright law and the work of the university in order to best promote research, teaching, library services, and community involvement.
- Addresses issues of fair use, copyright ownership, and publishing arrangements in furtherance of higher education and the advancement of knowledge;
- Provides copyright information and education resources for the academic community;
- Supports innovative policies and practices to foster the creation, preservation, and accessibility of information resources; and
- Undertakes research and exploration of copyright issues to provide supportive understandings of the law and its importance to educational institutions and libraries.
Need to Report a Copyright Infringement?
See this page: http://www.columbia.edu/content/copyright.html
Subscribe to This Site