Copyright, Fair Use, and Education
News and Developments:
© The White House Office of Science and Technology Policy issued an executive order expanding public access to federally funded research. Kenneth Crews, director of the Copyright Advisory Office, was quoted in coverage of the order by the London Guardian newspaper.
© Looking for the most-frequently visited pages of this website? Google Analytics tells us where some of the heaviest traffic is going:
- The Fair Use Checklist.
- What is Fair Use?
- Requesting Permission.
- Model Permission Letters.
- The Copyright Quick Guide.
- The many Blog Postings about recent developments and More!
Thanks to everyone for your interest in copyright!
© © © © © © © © © © © © © © © © © © © © © © © © © © © © ©
The Copyright Advisory Office of Columbia University has a central mission to address, in a creative and constructive manner, the relationship between copyright law and the work of the university in order to best promote research, teaching, library services, and community involvement.
- Addresses issues of fair use, copyright ownership, and publishing arrangements in furtherance of higher education and the advancement of knowledge;
- Provides copyright information and education resources for the academic community;
- Supports innovative policies and practices to foster the creation, preservation, and accessibility of information resources; and
- Undertakes research and exploration of copyright issues to provide supportive understandings of the law and its importance to educational institutions and libraries.
Subscribe to This Site