News and Developments
Columbia University Libraries has appointed a new Director of the Copyright Advisory Office. Rina Elster Pantalony started in November of 2014. She can be reached at Rina.Pantalony@columbia.edu
The website for the Copyright Advisory Office will be undergoing substantial revisions during the months to come. Stay tuned for a launch date for the new site.
The Copyright Advisory Office will be launching its Twitter account shortly. Stay tuned for updates.
Looking for the most-frequently visited pages of this website? Google Analytics tells us where some of the heaviest traffic is going:
- The Fair Use Checklist.
- What is Fair Use?
- Requesting Permission.
- Model Permission Letters.
- The Copyright Quick Guide.
To that end, the Copyright Advisory Office of Columbia University:
- Addresses issues of fair use, copyright ownership, and publishing arrangements in furtherance of higher education and the advancement of knowledge;
- Provides copyright information and education resources for the academic community;
- Supports innovative policies and practices to foster the creation, preservation, and accessibility of information resources; and
- Undertakes research and exploration of copyright issues to provide supportive understandings of the law and its importance to educational institutions and libraries.
Need to Report a Copyright Infringement?
See this page: http://www.columbia.edu/content/copyright.html